Previous specs still exist [Was: New W3C Web Site Launched]

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:44:00 +0100
To: site-comments@w3.org

[I removed chairs from the CC as I suspect I can't post there]

Ian

> Please note that all the specs you've published still exist at their
> original URIs. We published brand new ones at brand new URIs.

Unfortunately this is only partially true.

The actual URI that people use (the short undated ones) now redirect to
the new edited, invalid, documents rather than the documents that in
some cases we've spent over 10 years editing and ensuring are valid and
conform to all appropriate standards.

David