Re: New W3C Web Site Launched

Ian,

Indeed, very nice job re design and usability. However, I think we should
also take into account what our 'customers' think [1], [2]:

"so, are #semanticweb standards too complicated when even the new #w3c site
doesn't use them? #stopsnakeoil"

"@iand apparently all of them: No (obvious) RDF export, no SPARQL API. Just
some (broken!) hCalendar items."

This is indeed a poor message we send out - why don't we eat our own
dogfood? We have a couple of nice standards (RDFa, GRDDL, etc.) in this area
and should well be able to demonstrate that we are able to use them, IMHO.

Sorry for spoiling the party, but given the broad uptake of semantic
technologies in the governmental area (US, UK), the eCommerce domain
(GoodRelations), linked data stuff and Google and Yahoo! processing
structured data, I can't seriously explain to my colleagues or other W3C
customers why we don't have structured data (preferably in RDF) available at
the new W3C site.

Thoughts, anyone?

Cheers,
      Michael