reformatting of RECs is broken -- plain text looks like links

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:18:44 -0400
To: site-comments@w3.org

There's a problem.  I suspect it's widespread.

See:   http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/

The first sentence of the fourth paragraph of the Introduction appears
as a link.

In the original REC version, the paragraph had this:

   <a id="term_ontology" name="term_ontology"></a>

In the re-written version, it looks like this:

   <a id="term_ontology" name="term_ontology"/>

Maybe that makes the CSS handling things differenly?  Maybe the change
in the CSS is what matters, not the change in the XML.

But, I note, on a related topic, that someone recently claimed to me
that the latter form is correctly interpretted by Opera as an open tag
WITH NO CLOSE, according to the HTML Spec.  Or at least, that's how I
read their comment:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Sep/0048.html

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

     -- Sandro