Re: P3P validator: 500 Internal Server Error

On 10 Nov 2009, at 3:50 PM, Matt Duchek wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It seems the P3P validator (http://www.w3.org/P3P/validator.html) is
> not working.
>
> Using either the "Integrated Validation" or "Policy File Validation"
> options, the result is error 500: Internal Server Error. Older
> versions of the validator (such as here: http://www.w3.org/P3P/validator/20010928/
>  or here: http://www.w3.org/P3P/validator/20000510/) produce the
> same result.
>
> The error happens no matter what site you attempt to validate (I
> have tried validating Google, W3 site, etc).

Hi Matt,

It would seem that a PHP upgrade caused some sort of problem.

I don't think the code has been maintained since 2002. However it is
open source:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/p3p-validator/20020128/

We don't have resources right now to maintain this; perhaps someone
from the community would be willing to have a look.

I've also cc'd Yuichi so he knows.

  - Ian