Re: No access to IRC meeting page

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:22:10 -0800
To: Olaf Hartig <hartig@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On 6 Nov 2009, at 2:41 AM, Olaf Hartig wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm an invited expert in the provenance incubator group. I wanted to
> read the
> details about the use of IRC for meeting support which are to be
> found at
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot access this page with my account; I don't
> seem to be
> authorized. What can I do to get access to these instructions?

Olaf,

That page is largely generic. Here's a link that might give a good
background:
  http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/new2irc.html

Basically, you need an IRC client and to connect it to irc.w3.org port
6665.
After that you can join the particular channel your XG will be using.

Let me know if that gets you started,

  - Ian