Google/W3.org search usability

From: Dan Forno <dforno@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:52:04 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
I know that you utilize the Google option for 'ease of use' to the
user, but there is a major usability issue in how it's deployed.

If I use the search box from your homepage, then end up on the results
page and just want to return to the homepage, I cannot.  Your logo in
the top left does not return me to the page I was previously on.  This
is Website usability 101, I cannot believe it was overlooked.

You should have it corrected, I am not going to demand it like most
users, but simple oversights like this are not in keeping with your
tag line: "Leading the Web to it's full potential"

Thanks
Dan