web site beta review

From: Raj Singh <rsingh@opengeospatial.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 09:46:32 +0300
To: site-comments@w3.org
The beta site is very nice overall. I love the clean look and feel.
The design encourages me to stay on the site, which I consider the
most important design goal. Two critiques:

1. The full list of standards is no longer on the home page. It seems
to be buried 2 clicks in (http://beta.w3.org/TR/?). I use that list
more than anything else, and would like to see it 1 click away and
more obvious from the home page.

2. It's harder on the eyes to read a sans-serif font than one with
serifs in a long document <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif#Usage>,
e.g. http://beta.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/. I recommend using a font like
Microsoft's Cambria <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambria_(typeface)>
for long docs.