Re: W3C Validation for bulk files

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:34:56 -0500
To: John Fairweather <johnfairweather@ntlworld.com>
Cc: <site-comments@w3.org>

On 3 Jul 2009, at 4:35 AM, John Fairweather wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have a number of HTML files, which I would like to check for W3C
> Validation.  Is there any bulk way of checking these files together,
> rather than feeding them into the Validator individually?

Hello John,

I'm not aware of any way. There's an entry in the FAQ on this:
  http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-batchvalidation

"At the moment, the Markup Validator does not have a batch, or
recursive, validation feature. As an alternative, the W3C maintains
the LogValidator, a software tool that interacts with the validator to
check the log of your Web site (or any list of URLs) and reports a
list of the most popular invalid documents.

The WDG HTML Validator also does recursive validation."

I hope that helps,

  _Ian