Re: [Moderator Action] About initial fee of W3C Supporters Program

On 6 Jan 2009, at 2:43 AM, Yachiyo Nishimaki wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam:
>
> My name is Yachiyo Nishimaki.
> I am a marketing manager at Prime Strategy Co.,Ltd.

Hello!

> I would be grateful if you reply by e-mail to the following questions.
>

> I saw your informations about W3C Supporters Program on your website.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/sup
>
> And I Calculated fee on your fee page.
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/fees
> [entries]
>  * Country on organization headquarters -> "Japan"
>  * Membership start date -> "April 1st 2009"
>
> Then results was "850,000 JPY" as "Annual Fee" for Memberships.
>
> Could you some informations about following questions, please ?
>
> 1. Is this initial fee ("850,000 JPY") for three years, or for only
> 1 year ?

The fee is for one year, but the initial commitment is that you pay it
for three years.

> 2. When do I have to pay 850,000 JPY ?

The fee is due at the beginning of your Membership.

> 3. If we would be acknowledged as a W3C Member, What
> level(Contributing Supporters or Major Supporters or Premier
> Supporters) do you think we are ? How much is annual fee for 1year
> after initial term ?  (initial term is 3years, isn't it?)

The Supporters program is separate from Membership. The Supporters
Program
is for donations to W3C. Membership offers a number of benefits:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/membership-benefits

I hope I have started to answer your questions.

  _ Ian Jacobs