Quick timing update [Re: Redesign Styles Hypocritical]

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:07:00 -0600
Cc: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>, www-style@w3.org, "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>

On 7 Dec 2009, at 12:59 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> On 7 Dec 2009, at 12:57 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
>
>> On 2009/12/01 22:56 (GMT-0600) Ian Jacobs composed:
>>
>>> I just thought I would let people know that I am following this
>>> thread. I imagine we will make some changes but (1) I don't know
>>> which
>>> ones yet and (2) I don't have a time frame.
>>
>> Referring back to the original thread post
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Nov/0327.html I
>> don't seem
>> to see in the replies any mention of who has the responsibility or
>> authority
>> for the site styles, or in which forum they get discussed prior to
>> implementation. Has any representative from that class of persons
>> weighed in
>> here? Is Ian Jacobs "the rep"?
>

> [snipping the rest]
>
> Yes, I'm the person who is following this thread and who will make
> changes based on feedback.
> I am unlikely to do so for at least a few days (due to other
> priorities) but rest assured that I am following the discussion.

Hello again,

We're going to look at some other options than setting the font-size
on the body in px. I'm not sure whether we'll end up picking a base
font size but using percent instead, or whether we'll leave it at
100%. We'll also do some other cleanup while looking closely at font
usage. Due to the holidays, I don't expect to do much on this until
January.

I welcome additional suggestions, pointers to good practice,
approaches you think we should avoid, etc.

Thank you,