W3C homepage in IE6 suggestion

From: Van Miranda <movinvan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 21:00:12 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
Hi,

I'm responding to your twitter post re: the IE6 rendering issues after
removing the XML declaration.  The following is my suggestion to fix
the cleared #w3c_nav element in the mast header in IE6.  I have only
briefly tested that it works in Firefox, as well.

The changes I made to the CSS are as follows, commenting the red and
adding the green text.

#w3c_nav{
     /*clear: none;*/
     float:right;
     width:80%;
     overflow:hidden;
     _overflow:visible;
     zoom:1;
}

#w3c_mast h1{
     /*float:left;*/
     position:absolute;
     float:none;
     padding:0;
     text-align:right;
     height: 107px;
}

That worked in my test environment.  Best of luck!

Thanks
Van Miranda
twitter.com/van_miranda