Re: Redesign Styles Hypocritical

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> And now, my comments inline:
>
>> From: Gérard Talbot <info@gtalbot.org>
[...]
>> I want to repeat that this font-size:13px is going against each and
>> all of
>> WCAG 1 & 2 articles, guidelines, checkpoints, examples, tips, etc..
>
> No, that is your opinion. Particularly with regards to WCAG 2.

I would some agree with Gérard here.

[...]
>>> the page zoom
>>> functionality in IE 7 and 8 scales everything, even text set in absolute
>>> units,
>>
>> Well, that's debattable, definitely debattable for IE7.
>
> No it isn't. The zoom zooms. That certain layouts on certain sites have
> the potential of then breaking is another matter...however, as we're
> talking about the w3c.org redesign, and we're not dealing in absolutes
> but actually making claims specifically about the accessibility or
> inaccessibility (breach or no breach of WCAG 2 etc) of this site: are
> there any specific pages on www.w3c.org that, once you use IE's zoom
> functionality, become completely inaccessible and fail the SCs?
[...]

For http://www.w3.org/

<http://css-class.com/x/ie7-zoom.png>

In IE7 this page breaks when zooming.

<http://css-class.com/x/ie8-zoom.png>

<http://css-class.com/x/ff-zoom.png>

This is also the first page in a long time that I have encountered where
my *font-size settings via tools in Firefox does not work*. I have to
use zoom instead. Is this what you call accessibility?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/