Re: Redesign Styles Hypocritical

>> "
>> When font size is specified in any absolute units of measurement, such
as points or pixels, the Text Size menu commands in Internet Explorer 7
and earlier do not resize the text.
>> "
>> coming from C12: Using percent for font sizes
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/C12.html
>>
>> That is still [and also] true for Internet Explorer 8. It's not just
IE7 or IE6. So that particular issue with IE will be around for 5-10
years at least. [Addendum: on top of everything, there is no minimum
font-size setting which can be conveniently and quickly set in Internet
Explorer 8, in Internet Explorer 7, etc.. ]

> Again not taking sides,

Why not, Patrick? Wouldn't you feel irritated/upset/annoyed if you were to
receive only 83.3% of the salary/income that you know you should get, that
you know you deserve? or just 83.3% of the emails or email content that
you know you are entitled to receive?

I want to repeat that this font-size:13px is going against each and all of
WCAG 1 & 2 articles, guidelines, checkpoints, examples, tips, etc.. on
accessible font-size; it even goes against W3C Quality Assurance tips for
webmaster. It goes against the recommendations of an unanimity of web
accessibility and web legibility groups.

> but worth adding that the page zoom
> functionality in IE 7 and 8 scales everything, even text set in absolute
units, which in my mind satisfies 1.4.4 "text can be resized without
assistive technology". (the fact that it's confusing to have the text
size and zoom functionality work differently in this respect is of
course a problem)

> Patrick H. Lauke

Text Size menu commands in Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7 and
earlier do not resize the text specified in any absolute units of
measurement, such as points or pixels: that's undeniable.

> the page zoom
> functionality in IE 7 and 8 scales everything, even text set in absolute
units,

Well, that's definitely debattable for IE7. IE 8 was a lot better...
apparently

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/03/25/internet-explorer-8-and-adaptive-zoom.aspx
[Jordan Biserkov and Cecil Ward spoke my mind in that IE blog post.]

Anyway, IE zoom is not really what this thread is about.

regards, Gérard