Re: Broken link

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 15:02:10 +0000
To: Nikola Tulimirović <paimonia@gmail.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 14:07 +0000, Nikola Tulimirović wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Nikola,

> After visiting http://www.w3.org/Consortium/fees, selecting a country
>  for which annual fee is to be calculated - <select name="country">,
>  and pressing the first submit button - <input type="submit"
> value="Calculate Fee Table for this Country"/> (tag not closed as
> I expected, by the way), I’ve been directed to a broken link.
> Example is this, and there should be this.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that problem.

Please note that in terms of xhtml:
  <input type="submit" value="Calculate Fee Table for this Country"/

That is an empty element; there is no end tag.

> I wished to inform you of an opinion of mine considering poor countries
> like Serbia, in case you care for such opinions. Let’s give it a try...
>  I thought that you should lower those fees for small countries in
> development. I live in Serbia and I know awareness of W3C importance is
>  not at an appropriate level here. Not many organizations would pay the
>  fee very similar to one you ask for from US organizations, even if those
> responsible within Serbian organizations would know about W3C.

I appreciate that feedback and am glad that you have taken the time to
let us know, for our future discussions on fees.

 _ Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447