W3C Official Glossary

From: SRJC <jsengstack@santarosa.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:13:44 -0500
To: site-comments@w3.org

I teach HTML at Santa Rosa Community College in Santa Rosa, CA. In the
class textbook and in other sources I find that some HTML terms are used
interchangeably. A tag is an element. A rule is a style. A class is a
selector.

So I went to the W3.org site as a means to find specificity. Instead I
found you have a glossary that includes several dozen reference works.
Among them I find disagreement.

What I would like to know then: Is there an official W3C glossary? If
so, what is its URL? If there is no official W3C glossary, can you
recommend a single reference?

Thank you,

Jeff Sengstack