W3c Link Checker

From: Gary Riddell <Gary@RiddellHouse.Net>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 07:09:22 -0600
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

I am a brand-new web developer and confess to not knowing a great deal. I am
coding web pages in XHTML and putting the recommended logo at the foot of
the page, together with its uri so that the page can be validated.

When I run the link checker, it objects to the link: HYPERLINK
=referer with the “What to do” being “The link is forbidden! This need
fixing. Usual suspects: a missing index.html or Overview.html, or a missing

This seems a bit contradictory – should the link checker be aware of “good
practice” links and not object to them?

Gary Riddell

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:44 AM