HTML Validator HTTP Accept

From: Aristotelis Mikropoulos <amikrop@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:21:14 -0600
To: site-comments@w3.org
Greetings.

I would like to express my opinion about an HTML Validator matter.
I believe that when it attempts to check the validity of a webpage, after
the user
has provided it the webpage's URL, the Validator should sent an "HTTP
Accept"
header to the server that hosts the webpage, which header will contain the
"application/xhtml+xml" MIME Type, in order to let the server know that it
also accepts
such a content type. Such a thing, would make the life of many web
developers who
use XHTML 1.1, easier, as this HTML dialect can only be served with the MIME
Type
mentioned above.
Thank you a lot, for your time.

Yours sincerely,
Aristotelis Mikropoulos

--
Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute.