Re: Trademark Infringement

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:18:24 -0600
To: vinerack@voicenet.com
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 07:09 -0600, vinerack@voicenet.com wrote:
> I browse the Internet in order to find others using my Trademark as
> meta tags.  W3C is guilty of using a protected Trademark.
> W3C uses the term "VINE RACK" as a meta tag.

Please provide a URI to the page(s) you are referring to.

If the page is not on www.w3.org, then it may be possible that
you are assuming W3C is responsible for a page based on the markup
in the HTML page. Please see our FAQ on this topic:

 _ Ian

>   Under the US Patent
> and Trademark, this is considered an infringement.
> Current user with a registration #2409995, Serial # 75/651955 has
> sole rights, both Internet Domain and US Law.
> I have two choices, one is to legally have you remove all terms/meta
> tags referring to "VINE RACK" or to become a partner as a link.
> Please respond as soon as possible.  This is the shopping season.
>  Sincerely,
>  Larry A. Stern
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447