W3.Org membership fee structure

From: Ralph Falkenburg <ralph.falkenburg@klatu.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 12:43:17 -0600
To: <karen@w3.org>
Cc: <site-comments@w3.org>
Karen Myers

Member Relations

W3.Org (MIT / USA)

32 Vassar Street - Room 32-G515

Cambridge, MA 02139 USA

HYPERLINK "mailto:karen@w3.org"karen@w3.org

Tel:  +1.617.253.5509

Ms. Myers;

I checked W3.org towards joining and was surprised to find a membership fee
structure which seemed to be based on some sort of country-based
affordability schema.. (e.g. a small company in India would pay 953 USD
annually..).  ~ We canít understand the difference between a small company
in India and a small company in the US.

If cost of membership exceeds a certain percentage of a companyís revenues,
it becomes unaffordable (especially in these times).  Also, by setting high
prices, the membership pricing schema appears to be exclusionary.

Are you planning any pricing changes to enlarge the ranks of the
participating organizations?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Ralph Falkenburg

KLATU

KLATU

1626 NW 82 Avenue

Doral (Miami), Florida 33126 USA

eMail: HYPERLINK
"mailto:ralph.falkenburg@klatu.net"ralph.falkenburg@klatu.net

Tel: +1.305.433.7989

Fax: +1.305.513.5135

P PLEASE THINK GREEN.  - Please don't print this email unless absolutely
necessary.

Checked by AVG.
8:23 AM

image001.jpg