Re: Regarding Search option of w3.org home page

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 17:57 +0000, saran wrote:
> Cold someone help me on this concern please?

Hello Saran,

Our use of the google search box on the W3C home page is not
meant to imply that google is better than other search engines.
We are currently using it as a convenience to people visiting the
site. In the future we may provide an alternative search service,
but whichever one we choose will be seen as favoring that one.
(We do not plan to implement our own search engine.) I do not
think we will offer multiple search options on the W3C home page as
that would not likely provide added benefit to users.

Thank you for checking with us on this question.

 _ Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447