Re: Bylaws

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 22:48 -0600, Mirina Grosz wrote:

> I am doing some research on organizations concerned with the Internet.
> Searching your website, I could not find any bylaws, articles of
> incorporation or any similar documents on W3C.
> Could you help me out?

Hi Mirina,

W3C is not incorporated. It's existence is based on
contractual relationships between various parties. The key
contract between W3C Hosts and W3C Members is the Member
Agreement:
  http://www.w3.org/2005/03/Member-Agreement

And appendix:
 http://www.w3.org/2005/03/Appendix

The appendix incorporates the W3C Process document by reference:
  http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/

And that document incorporates the W3C Patent Policy by reference:
 http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/

Those are the key documents; I hope that helps.

Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447