shorter /TR links and https://w3.org

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:10:35 +0200
To: site-comments@w3.org

Dear W3C website team,

I have two items on the Website as it stands:

1) I suggest that w3.org be accessible over HTTPS, if only for
Member-only resources. I'm getting tired of the feeling that I'm sending
my W3C credentials over HTTP Basic authentication. Using a self-signed
certificate would be sufficient from my POV.

2) I'd like to request that there be such shortcut URIs as
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf and /TR/xmlschema and TR/css etc. - basically
for every non-obvious group of shortnames in /TR/ (like xmlschema-1 and
xmlschema-2) there should be a more obvious, memorable shortname, that
goes either to the main spec (if one can be identified) or to a listing
page akin to /TR/soap/.

Best regards,
Jacek Kopecky