Re: error on W3C specification page / question

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:25:55 +0000
To: Kiss Géza <kgeza@tmit.bme.hu>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 10:39 +0000, Kiss Géza wrote:
> Dear W3C site editors,
>
> I am preparing an XHTML 1.1 document, and fount that the example given
> on a page cannot be validated (either by the old or the beta validator):
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/conformance.html#strict
>
> I suggest you correct this error on the page.

Would you mind contacting one of the editors (Shane McCarron
<shane@aptest.com>) with your question?

> Because of this, I do not know how to do what this example shows.
> How can I add other namespaces to an XHTML 1.1 (or 1.0) document?

You cannot create a validating XHTML 1.1 document with other namespaces
per [1]:

  "This version of XHTML provides a definition of strictly conforming
XHTML documents, which are restricted to elements and attributes from
the XHTML namespace."

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/conformance.html#docconf

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Géza Kiss
> Budapest University of Technology and Economics
> Department of Telecommunications and Media Informatics

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447