Re: About W3C > Contact Updates

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:29:31 +0000
To: Brian Suda <brian.suda@gmail.com>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org, public-grddl-wg <public-grddl-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 13:42 +0000, Brian Suda wrote:
> Hello, I am a member of the GRDDL Working Group. I took an action[1]
> to mark-up the W3C contact page with a GRDDL profile and some
> microformats so that data could easily be extracted from the HTML as
> RDF. It is best to practice what we preach.
>
> I have attached the newly marked-up HTML for your review and hopefully
> to be posted to the site.

Thanks for this! I've checked it in to:
 http://www.w3.org/Consortium/contact.html

More comments below.

> I did make a few changes to the HTML.
>
> 1) the telephone numbers were using the "tel://" protocol, according
> to RFC 2806[2] it should be just "tel:"

Ok.

> 2) when adding in the microformats mark-up i added additional class
> attributes and values along with a few spans and divs. These should
> NOT impact the layout. I also checked the page for validity.

Thank you.

> 3) in the HTML head element i added the hCard profile and the GRDDL
> transformation profile along with a link element to point to the XSLT
> to conduct the transformation.

I will look more closely at this soon as part of making other pages
similarly transformation-friendly.

Thanks again to you and the group,

 _ Ian

> If you have any question feel free to contact me directly and we can
> work through any issues. If you are able to update the W3C contact
> page please let me know so i can report the progress back to the
> Working Group.
>
> Thanks,
> -Brian Suda
>
> [1] - http://www.w3.org/2007/03/21-grddl-wg-minutes.html#action03
> [2] - http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2806.txt

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447