Abusing your servers??

From: Mufasa Lodge <mufasa1@absamail.co.za>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:12:47 -0600
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

Dear W3

I am the webmaster of my own website here in South Africa and proudly
present to the World your small icon W3 compliant to xhtml.

I tried to parse a webpage and to my surprise was told that I am spamming
and/or abusing your servers i.e. ...........

Your IP address has been blocked from accessing our site for 24 hours due to

The specific type of abuse we observed is: re-requesting the same resource
too frequently. Specifically, we received at least 500 requests for the same
resource (URI) from your IP address within a ten-minute time interval

I live in South Africa and a simple search with the WHO IS  IP address,
database will show that the particular Spamming IP address: -
is AFRINIC situated in Mauritius

I have due to this sloppy [unprofessional] reaction from w3 decided to
remove your button [Icon] from my WebPages.

Would it be possible to investigate and inform, or would you just not care
to react?

Kind regards