Re: Question regarding "Testimonials" feature

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 19:56 -0500, Desai, Pavan P wrote:

> Hello,
> On the W3C's homepage (www.w3.org) there is a "Testimonials" feature that
> rotates content. Can you tell me how this is done (Server Side Include,
> JavaScript, etc.)? It is of interest to me because we are designing our
> site to be accessible and would like to avoid using Flash to rotate content.

Hi Pavan,

We do this the brute force way currently: We generate static copies of
the home page, one copy per testimonial. Then periodically we update
a symbolic link.

I believe one reason we have taken this approach is to ensure that the
server can respond quickly. I am not familiar with all of the variations
possible (e.g., server-side includes or other ways to dynamically
include content).

Hope that helps.

 _ Ian

> Thank you in advance,
> -Pavan
> 856-722-2402

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447