Donation to W3C

From: Edited Sender Name <clasione@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 03:10:54 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
Cc: supporters@w3.org
[Content edited to remove identifying info from supporting contributor.  sjh]

Attention to who it may concern:

[...]

Our company made a donation to the W3C in excess of $1,000.00 US on
2006-07-11 and as a thank you
we were listed on this page:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/sup

I have now discovered that after many donations were received W3C has felt
the need to add the
"NOFOLLOW" tag to it's meta data causing a change to the effect that our
link will have on your site.
I know for a fact that this tag was not on the page before we donated as it
actually was a deciding factor
of making the contribution to begin with.

I feel that this was a terrible decision to make, very misleading to the
public, and extremely disrespectful to supporters
of your cause. I am appalled that a company such as yours would pull such a
tactic and respectfully request
some type of remedy.

Frankly, I am shocked....

[...]