W3C's source code

From: Isis Binder <isis.binder@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:17:15 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
I've been studying web standards (or,at least,trying to),and I can't figure
out why you guys say that W3C is an acronym.Shouldn't it be an abbreviation?

<acronym title=" World Wide Web Consortium">W3C</acronym>

I know there's a WWWC (World Without War Council) on the Net and maybe
this was the reason not to choose the same writing.
Could you please make things clear?

Ísis Binder
Bacharelado em Ciência da Computação UFPR