Re: Improper use of logo

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 11:17 +0000, Napkin Nap wrote:

> Hi I have discovered the following URL for Newcastle Business school, they
> are carrying icons claiming to be valid to W3 Standards, yet when I try the
> URL I get a not valid message. Are there any rules for using the icon/logo?
>
> http://www.newcastlebusinessschool.co.uk/

Hello,

Please see our validator FAQ on this question:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#icon-invalidpage

"I saw the "valid" icon displayed on a site but the page is invalid.
What should I do?"

We recommend that you write to the site manager and politely bring to
that person's attention that there is an inconsistency. Please note that
W3C does not verify or attempt to enforce validity claims.

I hope this helps,

 - Ian
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447