Re: accessibility of W3C site search

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 15:07 +0100, oedipus@hicom.net wrote:
> >> will the larger
> >> issues addressed in my request also be considered, not just
> >> by the systems team, but by the policy-setting groups within the
> >> w3c, and if so, upon which list will that dialogue occur?
> unquote
>
> Ian Jacobs wrote, quote:
> > Please do not set your expectations high that we will be able to make
> > coordinated changes to all pages at w3.org any time soon. We are
> > planning to make improvements to several portions of the Web site, but
> > have no site-wide plan on the table at this time.
> unquote
>
> with all due respect to the powers-that-be at w3c, i find this answer
> inexcusable - why are there no site-wide plans quote on the table at
> this time unquote?

[Rest snipped]

Hi Gregory,

As the Head of W3C Communications I will simply say that we have
a lot to do and limited resources. Accessibility is important to each
site redesign project that we do. However we have no plans currently to
redesign the entire w3.org at once. We do it piece-by-piece.

I will keep you posted on how the Systems Team addresses your specific
suggestions for the mailing list archives. They do not usually read this
list nor reply directly to it. This list is managed by the
Communications Team. We receive lots of comments on a variety of topics
and then forward them to the appropriate people.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447