Re: Website bug???

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 06:24 +0000, John Shelton wrote:
> I have a irritating bug on our office computers.  When surfing the
> internet rather than go to the internet site desired an intermediate
> step is performed sending us to random sites like the link below.

Hi John,

It sounds like some sort of spyware or other malware has set up shop
on your machines.

>  When I view the source code the website www.w3.org pops up.  Is this
> something created from your website, any idea how to remove it?

This is not from W3C, I assure you. Although I do not have any specific
product to recommend, I suggest that you investigate products that help
remove spyware from your machines, which I assume are Windows machines.

 - Ian

> http://81.201.104.136/fast-cgi/bsc?mandant=clear&synd=clear&device=html&portalLanguage=en&userLanguage=us&context=category&ip=66.178.244.6&q=white+pages
>
> John Shelton
> VP Engineering
> Carmon Engineered Solutions
> www.carmonengineered.com
> johnshelton@carmonengineered.com
> C) 216-210-2033

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447