[closed] Re: Archive email removal

From: Simon J. Hernandez <simon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:21:48 -0500 (EST)
To: Ewan Sinclair <easnclr@mta.ca>
Cc: team-archive-editor@w3.org, site-comments@w3.org, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ewan Sinclair wrote:

> Hi there, sorry to be a pain, but you wouldn't be able to mask the email
> address in these posts, or delete them, would you? They're the only thing on
> the whole internet for the spammers to pick up, so I'd really like to get
> rid of them:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jul/0035.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jul/0013.html

We do encode the HTML source of each post in an active archive.  It isn't
superhardened against bots, but it does use a modicum of obfuscation, and
standard encodings.

Your address appears as follows:

[some encoded string]

I did this update to the encoding (this is a recent change to our
archives), so this would not have been noticeable when you sent your note.

If you have any further questions, please refer to our Archive Editing
Policy[1].

Simon

1. http://www.w3.org/Mail/ArchiveEditingPolicy

--