[closed] Re: Archive email removal

From: Simon J. Hernandez <simon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:21:48 -0500 (EST)
To: Ewan Sinclair <easnclr@mta.ca>
Cc: team-archive-editor@w3.org, site-comments@w3.org, "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Ewan Sinclair wrote:

> Hi there, sorry to be a pain, but you wouldn't be able to mask the email
> address in these posts, or delete them, would you? They're the only thing on
> the whole internet for the spammers to pick up, so I'd really like to get
> rid of them:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jul/0035.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2004Jul/0013.html

We do encode the HTML source of each post in an active archive.  It isn't
superhardened against bots, but it does use a modicum of obfuscation, and
standard encodings.

Your address appears as follows:

[some encoded string]

I did this update to the encoding (this is a recent change to our
archives), so this would not have been noticeable when you sent your note.

If you have any further questions, please refer to our Archive Editing

1. http://www.w3.org/Mail/ArchiveEditingPolicy

Simon J. Hernandez    |    http://people.w3.org/simon/