Re: [site-comments] <none>

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:59:40 +0000
To: "Eng. Mohammad Mufarrej" <mufarrej@just.edu.jo>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
Hello,

You might find some information in this essay by Tim Berners-Lee [1].
In particular:

 "Internet messages and Web documents are represented in computer
  languages with well-defined specifications. Use of the Internet and
  the Web implies an acceptance of the specifications as authoritative."

In other words, the Internet and Web would not be around today
without community acceptance of key specifications.

You may also wish to read "Architecture of the World Wide Web, Volume
One" [2] which conveys a sense of the importance of certain standards
such as the URI standard.

I hope this helps,

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Stack
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 09:35 +0000, Eng. Mohammad Mufarrej wrote:
> Dear sir
> I will be so happy if you can Give a balanced account of the
> importance
> of the standards and protocols and how they have helped or hindered
> the
> development of the Web. please contact me even if you can't.
>

> Mohammad Yousef "Bani Mufarrej"
> Industrial Engineering Department
> Jordan University of Science and Technology
> Jordan
> Irbid - 22110
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447