Re: Internet laws?

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 12:27 +0000, Mike wrote:

> You people govern the World Wide Web, right?

Hello Mike,

W3C does not govern the World Wide Web. We produce standards, enabling
technology development. We have no enforcement power whatsoever.

(World) governments have created plenty of laws related to fraudulent
acts carried out over the network. Your questions lie within their
purview.

Thank you for writing,

 - Ian Jacobs

> Why is there no law covering things like hacking and identity theft?
> Why is it that so many 12 year old kids put up sites on free webhosts
> such as Freewebs.com that trick people into downloading keyloggers so
> they can steal people's identity?
>
> Why do people get away with this?
>
> Why don't you do something to formulate laws to make computer crime a crime?
>
> Why?
>
> I'd like some answers please.
> - Mike

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447