Re: The dark looming

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 10:47 -0600, Wingnut wrote:
> Are we starting to see ads on the W3C main page?  Oh boy.  What's next?
>   Payola by said companies to influence specs in certain ways?  PLEASE
> keep the W3C out of the hands of corruptive forces.  Please!

Hi Wingnut,

W3C remains committed to being a forum where all parties can participate
to create vendor-neutral specifications. We are, at the same time,
a Consortium whose operations are supported, in part, through
Membership fees. The testimonials on the home page from W3C Members
attest to their commitment to W3C and constitute one of the benefits of
W3C Membership -- visibility on a well-traveled page.

W3C will remain a place for all to participate and contribute, Members
and non-Members alike.

Thanks for writing to us,

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447