Re: a question

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:56:53 -0700
To: "Hussain, Naushi" <naushi.hussain@honeywell.com>
Cc: "'site-comments@w3.org'" <site-comments@w3.org>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Hussain, Naushi wrote:

> I work for Honeywell International. I have a project to establish XML
> standards for our region. At this point we are not in a position to
> contribute heavy amount of fees for W3C membership. Is there a way to be
> able to participate and get some ideas to start with, without having to
> pay a fee at this point?

You are most welcome to participate. I am taking the liberty of copying your
note to Liam Quin, XML Activity Lead. A few ideas follow.

W3C Activities have public mailing lists, and all Working Groups invite
comments on their technical reports [1].

On the XML home page [2] you can find all of the XML Activity's Working
Groups' public pages.

W3C Workshops [3] are not only for Members, and, for example, the workshop on
XML Schema 1.0 User Experiences is upcoming on 21-22 June in California.

More ideas for public participation are given at [4]. I would like to
encourage Honeywell to become a Member at some point. Some of the benefits of
joining W3C are explained at [5].

If we can be of assistance please let us know.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/Workshops/
[4] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/org#public