Re: W3C specs reformatted

Ilkka Huotari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> Could they be published if I change the stylesheets to comply to your
> standards?

> There isn't any major reason to why I have changed the stylesheets - I
> didn't know about those rules originally. So I could very easily change the
> stylesheets to the same what you have (they could be exactly the same, I
> think).

Ilkka, it may help for you to read the document license. Everything I am
telling you comes from there:

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231

"Permission to copy, and distribute the contents of this document, or
the W3C document from which this statement is linked, in any medium for
any purpose and without fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that
you include the following on ALL copies of the document, or portions
thereof, that you use:

    1. A link or URL to the original W3C document.
    2. The pre-existing copyright notice of the original author, or if
it doesn't exist, a notice (hypertext is preferred, but a textual
representation is permitted) of the form: "Copyright ©
[$date-of-document] World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute
of Technology, European Research Consortium for Informatics and
Mathematics, Keio University). All Rights Reserved.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231"
    3. If it exists, the STATUS of the W3C document.

When space permits, inclusion of the full text of this NOTICE should be
provided. We request that authorship attribution be provided in any
software, documents, or other items or products that you create pursuant
to the implementation of the contents of this document, or any portion
thereof."

This is the policy for just making a copy with no modifications.

So, if you were reposting the documents as is on your site, these are
the rules you have to follow.