Re: W3C specs reformatted

From: Janet Daly <janet@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:18:16 -0700
To: Ilkka Huotari <ihuotari@cc.hut.fi>
Cc: site-policy@w3.org, site-comments@w3.org

Dear Ilkka,

Thank you for your request. Susan Lesch of the W3C Communications team
provided an earlier response, on the site-comments mailing list:

But what remains is whether what you are proposing to do complies with
the Document License at W3C:

No right to create modifications or derivatives of W3C documents is
granted pursuant to this license. So, changing the stylesheets and
republishing them is not permitted.

I appreciate your caution and request, but inform you that it is not
possible for these to be published.

Best regards,

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

Janet Daly, Head of Communications