Re: On W3C (/TR/) URI policies...

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 11:03, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> Hi,

>  Please fix this. Not its symptoms. Switch it back to what
> worked for so many years. Please. Please! Please! Please! What do I need
> to do to convince you?

Hi Bjoern,

I just met with our Webmaster (Vivien) and QA Activity Lead (Dom, also
former Webmaster) and we are going to follow your advice and
undo the redirects on latest version links.

At the beginning of the year, we made a policy change to make the
default character encoding of /2004 space UTF-8 and compensated for
some side-effects by switching to 307 redirects. After discussion
of the points that you raised, we have decided to switch back. There
is a slight added cost (our Webmaster has a bit more to do, but
it's straightfoward) but we agree with you that it's worth it.

I do not agree with all of the points you made in your email. I hope
you'll excuse me if I don't reply to them at this time due to my
own scheduling concerns. In any case, I appreciate the fact that you
took the time to send your thorough and thoughtful email.

Thank you,

 - Ian

P.S. There will probably be a short delay before the switch back is
completed.

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447