Browser Resolution Web Standards

From: Jaime Evans <j8evans@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:50:37 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org
Cc: m8evans@hotmail.com

Hello W3C,

I find your site very helpful and turn to it a lot.  I'm a web designer and
find that i'm moving more towards building websites for larger resolutions
1024x768 as people tend to be setting there resolutions smaller these days
whilst having larger monitors.

My question is: According to the W3C do you still consider 800x600 a
standard browser resolution or is it now 'old hat' and not supported?  I ask
so that i can relay this information on to clients when requesting there
chosen display/design.

I look forward to your response.
Kind regards
Jaime