Html 40 gzipped?? pdf

From: Jean-Marc Lachaine <jmjmlach@lakeheadu.ca>
Date: 06 May 2003 09:20:28 -0400
To: site-comments@w3.org

Hi

I have been trying for some time now to get the pdf version of the html 4.01
spec. It downloads OK but Winzip kept complaining that the file was not a
proper archive. I finally got around to download a windows copy of gzip and
attempted to extract the file only to have gzip itself complain that the
file was not a proper archive. That is when I decided to try a little
experiment and remove the .gz extension from the downloaded file. Double
click and presto, Acrobat opens the file right up without a hitch!!! Sorry
guys but that file is just not compressed. You might want to lose the false
extension.

JML