Re: Terrible design

From: Didier Spaier <ds@epsm.org>
Date: 30 Jan 2003 13:51:07 +0100
To: site-comments@w3.org

I agree with you on the point that downloading the validator is not so
easy as clicking on a "download now" link and have your browser asking
you "do you want to save this file ?", then launching the validator
locally.

I'm not at all a member of the W3C only a user, but I guess this is
because (quoted on http://valifator.w3.org/source/) :

"The purpose of making the source code available is partly to allow
others to set up mirrors of the service (either publicly or within an
intranet behind a firewall), but also to allow us to collaborate on
making the service better -- there are many ways the service could be
improved!"

It seems me that mainly software developpers are in concern for that
purpose, not "ordinary" validator users as I am ; Such people usually
know about CVS and how to use it, though I personnaly don't (may be I
could learn some day :-).

Truly yours,
--
Didier Spaier <ds@epsm.org>