Re: poor render

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:57:04 +0100
To: "Rowan Ferguson" <rowan@netimpact.com.au>
Cc: <site-comments@w3.org>

Hello Rowan,

Rowan Ferguson writes:

> When trying to read information from
> <http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/#specs> my ie6 browser cuts off the
> text on the right hand side. I'm not pointing any fingers, just
> thought that due to the nature of the organisation and the content
> it provides, I should mention it - regardless of who blames who.

Hmm... I tested the page with IE6 on WinXP and on Win2000 and there
wasn't anything that overlapped, not even when the window is very
narrow. I just tried again, but I can't reproduce your screenshot, so
I have no idea what causes it. It's not just a few pixels, which could
be a round-off error, but the overlap is a whole word, so I don't know
what to do about it. Apparently there are different versions of IE6
:-(

> May be a case where using different methods of presenting the
> information is required in order to avoid compromising standards
> (screen capture attached).

I already made a special case for IE6. I can change more properties,
but for the moment I don't know which...

Thanks for the screenshot. I'll try to find out more.

Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA