Re: HTML Accesskeys

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:10:52 -0800
To: Richard.Walledge@stud.umist.ac.uk
Cc: site-comments@w3.org, wai-site-comments@w3.org

Hello, Richard,

>However, with regards to the W3's own website, although it has
>introduced some accesskeys (and these are very useful), I have
>noticed that there are one or two that conflict with some common
>browser's keyboard shortcuts:
>
>B is used in both Opera and Mozilla for Bookmarks
>E is used universally for Edit
>T is used in both IE and Mozilla for Tools
>
>I was just wondering if the W3 had considered expanding on their
>use of shortcuts even more (soas to set an example to others), and
>maybe also adopting this numerical scheme?

Thank you for pointing this out. I am not aware of a pattern of use
on the W3C site and am copying wai-site-comments@w3.org with this
mail. The Web Accessibility Initiative really are the experts and
might know more. I suggest that you contact them.

Best wishes,
--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819