Re: HTML Accesskeys

Dear Susan

> Though I am not completely sure, I believe that the W3C list best
> suited to this question is the WAI User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
> Working Group list <mailto:w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>.

Thanks for your very informative email. yes, the discussion does
seem quite interesting, with some sort of international consensus
being formed.

However, with regards to the W3's own website, although it has
introduced some accesskeys (and these are very useful), I have
noticed that there are one or two that conflict with some common
browser's keyboard shortcuts:

B is used in both Opera and Mozilla for Bookmarks
E is used universally for Edit
T is used in both IE and Mozilla for Tools

I was just wondering if the W3 had considered expanding on their
use of shortcuts even more (soas to set an example to others), and
maybe also adopting this numerical scheme?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Richard