Bos Design Guide document a joke I don't get

From: Merkey, Brett <Brett.Merkey@nielsenmedia.com>
Date: 05 Aug 2003 09:24:58 -0400
To: "'site-comments@w3.org'" <site-comments@w3.org>

Referencing:
http://www.w3.org/People/Bos/DesignGuide/introduction.html

The page was similarly ugly in IE5.5 and Mozilla 1.0 and the content poorly
chunked, with redundant code. If the design of that presentation was
purposeful, there should be another link explaining the choices. The medium
is the message - what's the point?

Finally, aren't print style sheets part of standards too? I have yet to see
a W3C doc set that would print from the browser well. Print is an extremely
important aspect of browser applications.

Lead by doing - please.

Brett Merkey