XML

From: diamanta kontara <diamanta.kontara@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:32:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: site-comments@w3.org

Hello,
I don't want to make a comment but I would appreciate it if you helped me.
I am a final year student at the University of Durham and my project
will investigate the use of XML to describe software components and
develop a web-based component reuse support system to facilitate reuse
of such described components.
Is there a similar application of the eXtensible Markup Language  for
describing software packages and their dependencies?
Through my research I only found the Open Software Description (OSD)
format.
Could you please send any URL relevant I would be ever so grateful.