Documentation on Access Keys

From: Thomas Deliduka <thomas@xenocast.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

At this link:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#access-keys

It says: "On Apple systems, one generally has to press the "cmd" key in
addition to the access key."

In actually, with IE it's the "ctrl" key. Nothing happens on Mozilla but
perhaps it hasn't been coded in yet.

99% of the keyboard functions in Macintosh programs for the drop-down menues
are done with the cmd key + the character. For instance, "cmd-s" saves the
document. So have access keys run off of cmd would be ludicrous.  I think
the majority of browsers would program acess keys to the ctrl key instead,
like IE. Knowing that next no no commands are assigned to ctrl-only
operations on the Mac.

Thought I'd help you update your documentation.

--

Thomas Deliduka
IT Manager