Re: Inconsistency in WSDL Interpretation

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:58:23 -0500
To: Bernd Beimdick <b.beimdick@t-online.net>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
* Bernd Beimdick <b.beimdick@t-online.net> [2002-03-05 17:40+0100]
> Hello W3C web site team,
>
> Today I visited a MS related Seminar on the toppic Web Services.
> The lecturer was making fun of W3C not being sure of the right
> interpretation
> of the four letter word WSDL. Apparently the header of the W3C website
> Web Service Description Language (WSDL) says:
>
> ...<title>Web Service Definition Language (WSDL)</title>...
>
> As opposed to the real interpretation in the text on the same page:
>
> ...<h1><a name="_Toc492291034">Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
> 1.1</a></h1>...

I noticed this typo a couple of months ago. As the submission
request[1] points out, the title should read "Web Services Description
Language (WSDL) 1.1", the same way the h1 element does (in compliance
with the W3C publication rules[2]).

Since W3C does not modify documents after publication, the typo will
stay.

As you probably know, the Web Services Description Working Group is
developing a description language basing their work on WSDL 1.1.  So
there will be a Working Draft of a Web service description language in
the near future on which the joke will not apply anymore. :-)

Regards,

Hugo Haas
Web Services Activity Lead

  1. http://www.w3.org/Submission/2001/07/