Re: Colours and the W3 Website

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 13:56:42 +0100
To: Brian Longstaff <brian@vegsoc.demon.co.uk>
Cc: "'site-comments@w3.org'" <site-comments@w3.org>
le ven 15-03-2002 ŗ 13:05, Brian Longstaff a ťcrit :
> Your website is horrendously complicated.
>
> As a newcomer to HTML I was looking for a list of browser-compatable colours
> and was pointed in the direction of your website.
>
> After 20 fruitless minutes of searching (even using the search engine), I
> gave up, disgusted.

Thank you for your feedback. Could I ask you for more details?

I found the list you've been looking for with the search engine with
"colors defined HTML" (the first link was the right one:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.5) [note that W3C primary
language is US English, hence "color" instead of "colour"].

Could you detail more specifically the search you made and the way you
would have hoped to find this resource?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dom
W3C's Webmaster